- Make sure your goods are securely packed, wrapped or covered.
- Fill cartons to capacity.
- Pack heavy items (such as books and tools) in small cartons.
- Pack books flat, not on their spines.
- Pack and label cartons room by room for easy unpacking.
- Protect clothing and personal goods by packing in strong cartons with scented soap or mothballs.
- Protect mirrors, windows, screens and paintings with packing material and store standing on their edges.
- Remove batteries from appliances and toys.
- Drain fuel and oil from all mowers and machinery.
- Wrap silver in non-acid tissue paper or plastic bags to reduce tarnishing, and wipe chrome or cast iron with a little machine oil to help retard rust.
What Not to Store
Do not store goods that are illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, hazardous, perishable, or that are a risk to people or our property, such as chlorine, acid, paint and petrol.
You can purchase packing materials, such as cartons, porta-robes, paper, tape, bubble-wrap and plastic covers from our Self Storage centre office.